Who am I … and what can you expect
of me on a personal level?
Matching personalities, me being what you are not, or what you need to enhance is important to a good working relation, and is as important here as when you hire someone to work for your company. You should only hire me and my team if you like us.
The most decisive element in success is with out doubt balancing the expectations between partners. I want to give you an impression of who I ham. On March 8th 2012 I made a PI survey, because I find very difficult to describe myself in prosa. Below you find a transcript of the report I received. People who are close to me say it is on spot. Original survey results is available in PDF upon request.
Kasper will most strongly express the following behaviour’s:
- Proactivity, assertiveness, and sense of urgency in driving to reach his goals. Openly challenges the world around him.
- Independent in putting forth his own ideas, which are often innovative and, if implemented, cause change. Resourcefully works through or around anything blocking completion of what he wants to accomplish; aggressive when challenged.
- Impatient for results, he puts pressure on himself and others for rapid implementation, and is far less productive when doing routine work.
- Relatively quick in connecting to others; he’s reasonably open and sharing of himself. Builds and leverages relationships to get work done.
- Fluent, enthusiastic, and comparatively frequent in communication; a motivator who pays attention to others’ points of view.
- Collaborative; works with and through others. Focused on team cohesion, dynamics, and interpersonal relations.
Kasper is an intense, driving, results-oriented self-starter whose sense of urgency is tempered and disciplined by his concern for the accuracy and quality of his work. He holds himself and those he works with to exacting, ever-increasing, goals. He can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and come up with practical ideas for dealing with them.
He’s purposeful, driven to get things done quickly, accurately, and involving the necessary people. He responds positively and actively to challenge and pressure, and has confidence in his ability to handle problems and people. Kasper is an outgoing, poised person, direct and a little more authoritative than persuasive in style, while being firm, direct, and self-assured when dealing with others. He speaks briskly, with confidence and conviction, particularly about matters in which he has experience.
His work pace is distinctly faster-than-average. He is able to learn quickly, thoroughly, and in detail, and will recognize and adjust to change once well-informed of the need for it. While he is impatient with repetitive handling of routine details, Kasper is a self-disciplined person who can do a good deal of that kind of work as long as it is only an intermittent aspect of his job. He prefers to delegate routine detail work if possible, and if he does so, will follow up closely and critically to assure that the work is done in a correct and timely manner.
In making decisions, he puts pressure on himself to gather the necessary information quickly, and take action without delay. This expedience is tempered by his need to ensure he’s thinking first about the decision’s relevance to his goal, and then the implications of such a decision on the business and the people within it.
Competitive and sure of himself, Kasper sets high standards of work quality for himself and others and is concerned with both the timely accomplishment of objectives, and, to a lesser degree, the specific details of how things get done. Stimulated by variety in his work and responsibilities, Kasper is less interested in work which is routine, repetitive, or highly structured, but always alert to opportunities for the development of the business which employs him, as well as his own career.
As a manager of people or projects, Kasper will be:
- Focused more on where he’s bringing his team than the specifics of how they’ll get there, but both are important to him
- Able to delegate some authority to people who share his high-level goals for the company
- Willing to delegate some details; his follow up will be close and critical ensuring that all work has been done in a correct and timely manner
- Constantly looking to improve performance, quality, and ability to compete
- Inclusive and team-building – a confident, authoritative influence on others; likely to develop thoroughly trained successors
- Focused first and foremost on achieving results, and secondarily on team communication, morale, and dynamics
- Quick to voice his opinion of how things are going, and precise in his comments; will be more authoritative than persuasive in style.
As a salesperson, Kasper will be:
- Forceful and convivial in guiding the process towards his goal
- Driven to keep the process moving along as quickly as possible while mindful of the complexities and consequences of implementation details
- Willing to take risks such as cold-calling or experimenting with a new product idea given some time and training to get familiar; learns quickly and thoroughly
- Works with the customer to close the deal; Kasper uses firm persuasion and subtle pressure to finalize a sale quickly
- Outwardly focused on his audience, intuitively reading them and adjusting his style to meet their needs if he feels it will help advance the process
- Potentially adept at conveying the complexities of a product or service in easy-to-understand terms, communicating clearly and effectively with a variety of styles.
To maximize his effectiveness, productivity, and job satisfaction, consider providing Kasper with the following:
- Opportunities to develop his career on the basis of sound training,
thorough knowledge, and experience
- Contact and communication with people
- Independence in expressing his own ideas, along with the freedom
to deal with problems and challenges in the way he sees fit
- Opportunities to prove himself, and recognition and reward for doing so.
More information about PI; www.piworldwide.com
Copyright © 1994-2000, 2002, 2005 by Praendex, Inc. All rights reserved.